Since 1973, RBR has been designing and manufacturing oceanographic instruments in Ottawa, Ontario to measure our blue planet. The effects of climate change are being seen from the ocean’s abyss to the polar ice caps and our sensors quantify this change to support better analysis, improved planning, and more effective mitigation strategies. Our instruments measure water parameters in some of the harshest environments on the planet! They are mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, and sent to the bottom of the ocean – sometimes for years at a time – all in an effort to get precise and accurate data to support climate research! We have been fortunate to be able to partner with some of the world's leaders in the field of ocean science, like Fisheries and Oceans Canada, The Scripps Institution of Oceanography, The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, The Norwegian Polar Institute, and The British Antarctic Survey, just to name a few!
At RBR, our people care about the environment, our community, their work, and - of course - each other! We value curiosity, experimentation, and doing the right thing, and while we do some serious work to support world-changing science, we don’t take ourselves too seriously – we like to let our hair down and cut loose too! Our Ottawa team recently moved our HQ to a new space that includes large meeting spaces to encourage collaboration, a sweet snack room, a large and modern lunch area, and even a fish tank!
About the Role
As our Assistant to the President at RBR, you will provide administrative and organizational support directly to Greg, our President in a broad range of areas, including meetings, travel coordination, and support. This is a role that requires meticulous organizational skills, the ability to navigate competing priorities seamlessly, and the capacity to establish rapport with both internal and external stakeholders. You are highly detail-oriented with exceptional communication skills. You conduct your work with a high degree of professional integrity, tact and discretion. A self-starter, you're adept at navigating ambiguity, anticipating issues and challenges, and finding creative solutions. You're collaborative and responsive, and pride yourself on your ability to cultivate strong and productive relationships founded on trust and accountability.
What You'll Do:
- Manage calendars and schedules, and coordinate meetings with internal and external stakeholders, partners, service providers, and customers
- Manage and organize email inboxes, and screen, prioritize, and draft responses on occasion
- Take notes and record actions at meetings
- Support preparation and coordination of internal meetings (i.e., monthly all staff meeting)
- Coordinate travel arrangements and bookings, for both business and personal purposes
- Submit monthly expenses
- Handle errands such as picking up lunch, dry cleaning and providing rides to the airport, along with other miscellaneous tasks as required
- Assist with special projects as needed
What You Bring:
- 3+ years of in comparable roles and/or the completion of post-secondary studies in business management, administration, or another relevant program
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sound judgment and ability to effectively assess priorities in a fast-moving, tech-forward environment
- Ability to find creative solutions to issues and challenges
- High-degree of discretion and respect for confidentiality of sensitive information
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with office software, systems and tools in a Mac-based environment:
- Jira and Confluence
- Google Suite
- Zoom and other video platforms
- An interest in sailing, boats, or the ocean certainly doesn't hurt!
Why Join RBR?
- The ability to make an impact and support climate research
- Electric vehicle incentive of up to $10,000 - plus on-site charging stations
- Greener commuting incentive program
- Charitable donation matching of up to $1,000 annually to charities of your choosing
- A wide range of employee well-being initiatives
- $200 annual fitness reimbursement program
- Work from wherever Wednesdays
- Friday lunches (on us)!
- Corporate fitness membership program
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive vacation, pay, and benefits
- 20 days of annual vacation, plus time off between Christmas Day and New Year's Day
- Immediate comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, etc.)
- Competitive market salary
- RRSP contribution matching
- Referral program for new hires
At RBR we celebrate and support diversity in our workplace, we are an equal-opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We seek to recruit the best and most talented people for the job, period. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
START DATE: 09/12/2022