EMPLOYER: Town of Arnprior
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, the Accounts Clerk provides clerical support in the financial management of the Municipality by providing day-to-day administration of the water billing system, bank reconciliation, and other general accounting duties as assigned.
The primary responsibilities (see Job Description for complete listing):
- Process water/waste water billing, from meter reading uploads to receipt of payments.
- Maintain accurate ownership and tenant records.
- Prepare requested reports or reconciliations related to water billing.
- Solve discrepancies as they arise and resolving outstanding water billing issues.
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements.
- Backup relief for Cashier/Receptionist; answer all incoming calls on main lines, responding to public
- Dealwithandmaintainahighstandardofrelationswiththepublic,staff,ElectedOfficialsand supervisory staff.
- Perform the responsibilities of the position within the legislative and regulatory standards set out in the
applicable Provincial legislation and Municipal by-laws.
- Performs the responsibilities of the position consistent with the operational policies of the Town of Arnprior.
- Carry out and/or assist in the general office duties of the Finance Branch.
- Liaise with Public Works staff, and other departments as required.
- Assist the Manager of Finance as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Two-year post-secondary school business diploma or related field.
- Minimum two years of general accounting experience.
- Must possess knowledge of accounting procedures and practice, as well as their application to a system of general accounts, budget accounts and cost accounts.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of water billing procedures ,and the general ledger.
- An understanding of relevant legislation including the Ontario Municipal Act, and appropriate by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge for providing customer services, being able to assess needs, and being able to handle complaints/difficult situations to meet effect service delivery standard.
- Capable to maintain confidentiality and maintain a professional demeanour at all times when handling public enquiries and complaints.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with both internal and external customers to ensure proper workflow and productivity is maintained.
- Able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to prioritize, set schedules, handle multiple projects and competing demands, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills able to use various accounting software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications.
- Able to follow directives and work within internal operating procedures, policies, guidelines, and adhere to applicable legislation and regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work experience with Municipal government.
- Education in Municipal government (AMCTO).
Job Type: Full-time, Fixed-term (12 months with possible extension)
START DATE: 11/01/2022