EMPLOYER: Royal Moving & Storage (Ottawa) Inc.
International Operations Manager (UK, Europe and Australasia)
Royal Moving & Storage (Ottawa) Inc.
Royal Moving & Storage (Ottawa) Inc. is seeking a professional International Operations Manager (Transportation Manager), to coordinate and oversee our organization’s International Relocations Department located at our 120-2370 Walkley Road, Ottawa, ON K1G 4H9 facility. Royal Moving & Storage (Ottawa) Inc.’s International Relocations Department provides a complete door to door service for international relocations. Together with our overseas agents, we provide on-site packing services, packaging material, cargo protection coverage, coordinating the loading and unloading of shipping containers, and assist with the outgoing or incoming Customs formalities and documentation.
This is a full-time permanent position requiring the successful candidate to be flexible in their hours of work, in order to be accessible during UK, Europe and Australasia business hours and to manage staff working after hours on an as and when required basis. The successful candidate will be eligible for health and group benefits after 3 months of employment. This position could be subject to a yearly performance bonus, based on profitability, after the first year of service.
The International Operations Manager (UK, Europe and Australasia) will be charged with coordinating and overseeing our organization’s International Relocations Department. Duties will include formulating strategy to expand our operations overseas, improving performance and customer service, procuring materials and resources, and ensuring compliance with Canadian and international import rules and regulations. The International Operations Manager (UK, Europe and Australasia) will report to the General Manager. Ultimately, we’ll trust you to help us remain compliant, efficient and profitable during the course of business.
- Coordinate and oversee our organization’s International Relocations Department
- Develop and strengthen the international operations by ensuring administrative policies, regulations, rules and procedures are followed and are compliant
- Administer and direct the international operations
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve International operational management systems, processes, and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Negotiate with vendors for preferential rates
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Supervise and examine financial data and use them to improve profitability while managing budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Find ways to increase quality of customer service
- Become a member of the company’s Health and Safety Committee and implement any changes that are required in the work place
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preference for applicants with Industry Certificates or Diplomas such as but not limited to International Move Management, Export Packing Techniques, Inland Packing Techniques, Removals Management and Workplace Safety.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Three years of professional experience as Operations Manager or similar role;
- Thorough knowledge of UK, Europe and Australasia import / export rules and regulations;
- Strong analytical and leadership skills;
- Initiative; strong conceptual abilities; sound judgement; strong interest and dedication to the development and the organizational effectiveness of the Department;
- Familiar with and capable of accepting and reporting Import / Export customs docs (B13 / CERS)
- Proficiency in current office software applications
- Experience budgeting and forecasting based on business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; work under pressure; tight deadlines; attention to detail; large workload
Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Interpersonal awareness; Team player
Salary: $92,820.00 per year
- Group Benefits (Health and Dental)
- Possible Bonuses
- Annual Wage Review
For interested applicants, please send your resume by email to:
Royal Moving & Storage (Ottawa) Inc.
120 – 2370 Walkley Road
Ottawa, ONK1G 4H9
START DATE: Immediate