EMPLOYER: High Tech Genesis
High Tech Genesis is looking for a System Software Designer to join our team. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with one of the largest technology companies in the world.
What will you do as part of our team?
- Experience with developing high performance, fault tolerant, highly available C/C++ application software on multi-processor, highly concurrent systems, preferably in data networking domain
- Participate in all stages of software development, including requirements analysis, design, prototyping, implementation, test, and maintenance.
- Debugging complex system/platform issues such as crashes and traps, memory leaks, issues with inter-process communications, CPU hogs etc.
- Employ test driven development methodologies, automated unit testing, and comprehensive integration testing.
- Engage with Product Owners and System Architects to evolve and invigorate the platform, such that it can continue to adopt and support new features and technologies.
- Influence the software architecture, to improve resiliency, debuggability and maintainability.
Required skills and experience:
- 3+ years of high-level programming with C in the Systems/Platform area
- Must have networking experience with L2/L3
- Experience with multi-card nodes
- Familiarity with software upgrades and high availability of embedded Telecom systems
- Shell Programming in Bash, Perl, or Python
Experience in any of these areas are a BONUS!
- Knowledge of industry standard open-source components like, Docker, Redis etc.
- Configuration Management
- Familiarity with Network timing protocols
Note 1: If applying to work in Canada: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Begin your exciting career with us by applying on-line at: https://jobs.hightechgenesis.com/o/systems-software-designer
START DATE: 10/27/2022