EMPLOYER: Honeywell Canada
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading industrial disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions. Moving at the speed of software, we are creating, innovating and delivering solutions fast, challenging the way things have always been done, piloting new ways for all of us to work, and expecting our successes to set new standards for our customers and for Honeywell.
Be part of a team assessing and driving achievement of program specific performance within Honeywell Connectivity. You will partner with world class engineering's and leaders to implement product strategies, develop program schedules and milestones, define technology roadmaps, and drive improvements in engineering quality and productivity.
Use your strategic thinking to help anticipate problems, recognize and eliminate barriers
Lead and maintain an optimized program management operating system for specific business segment programs
Bring the best global thinking to your own organization and region to understand technology and management concepts required for Honeywell products and processes
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
- Initiate, coordinate, maintain and analyze cost, schedule & scope.
- Coordinate the program team’s Risk, Change, and Resource Management processes.
- Ensure accuracy of program cost, schedule and scope baseline.
- Support the program manager with funding exercises, budget forecasting, etc.
- Develop, update and maintain Program Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), WBS Dictionary, and Cost Account Structure.
- Assist the program manager in the day-to-day activities of the programs
- Coordinate proposal activities and meetings as required.
- Support program level budgeting by coordinating the estimation and forecasting processes for program re-plans, risk mitigation activities, and change requests, as well as other management-driven requests.
- Interface with program team and stakeholders to develop and status project milestones.
- Performing monthly variance analysis to cost and schedule baseline. Make initial recommendations to the Program Manager and the team as it pertains to root cause / corrective action, as well as short term impacts to financial forecast and milestone fidelity.
- Support NPI team to manage supplier.
- Support product management team.
- At the program team level prepare metrics for:
- Program Milestones
- Program Resources – support SATCOM engineering resources management.
- Forecast vs. Approved Budget vs. AOP
- Program Scorecard
- Initiate, coordinate and maintain Estimates at Completion (EACs)
- Assist in the preparation of materials for internal Honeywell Monthly Project Reviews, as well as internal Honeywell customer reviews using standard templates
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience in project engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in satellite communication products.
- Working experience on Legacy Honeywell SATCOM products.
- Working knowledge of overall engineering disciplines - hardware, software, systems development, certification for the SATCOM product line highly desired.
- Working knowledge/Experience in managing FAA/TCCA TSOs, STC’s and aircraft certifications.
- Working knowledge/Familiarity with standards, DO-178, DO-254, DO-160 a plus.
- Working knowledge/Familiarity with Inmarsat/Iridium SATCOM products.
- Experience in Project Management – managing cost, schedule, resource, risk management.
- Experience in executive communication, ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent customer & supplier management skills.
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
START DATE: 12/01/2022