EMPLOYER: The Bess and Moe Greenberg Family Hillel Lodge
Schedule Rotation: Sat 9-5pm, Sun 7-3 pm, Fri 10-6 pm, Mon 7-3 pm
Great opportunity for an experienced Cook! Under the general direction of the Director of Food & Nutrition Services, assists in all areas of preparation and the administration and supervision of the department when authorized. Maintains a clean kitchen environment.
- Prepares and processes meals, per standardized recipes while observing the rules of Kashruth.
- Supervises personnel in the conduct of their duties when authorized/scheduled.
- In the absence of the Food Services Supervisor, the Cook ensures the proper maintenance of equipment and supply inventories when required, including all facets of preventative maintenance.
- Prepares and cooks meals.
- Assists in serving of meals.
- Checks quality of food prior to service by tasting and recording temperatures.
- Prepares baked goods.
- Ensures adequate preparation for meal production on the following day.
- Assists with monthly inventory.
- Ensures the maintenance of public health standards and the requirements of other regulatory bodies.
- Ensures that the standards and laws of Kashruth are maintained.
- Ensures the preparation of food as required for prescribed therapeutic diets.
- Keeps own work area clean and assists with pot washing, and cleans areas as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as required to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the residents, staff, volunteers, and visitors of the Home.
- Demonstrated direct experience in methods of food and meal preparation in long-term care, healthcare and/or hospitality environment
- Culinary Skills or Culinary Management Diploma or Certificate is strongly preferred
- Food handler’s certification and Health Care Food Service Certificate
- Able to follow recipes and schedules of daily operation
- Able to direct other staff in the absence of the Director of Food & Nutrition Services
- Proficient in English reading, writing, speaking and oral comprehension
- Able to work independently and with direction
- Demonstrates proper lifting techniques of food supplies and kitchen utensils/equipment
- Neat, groomed appearance and punctuality
- Familiarity with Jewish dietary laws and Eastern European cuisine is an asset
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and frequently lift 20lbs
Where notified in advance, Hillel Lodge will accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. A Vulnerable Sector Police background check and proof of TB clearance and COVID immunization will be required prior to hire. Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
START DATE: 11/24/2022