EMPLOYER: High Tech Genesis
Don’t miss out on the chance to become a pioneer in renewable energy and work side-by-side with the newest technology and electric vehicles. This is not only an opportunity to work in this growing sector, but its a chance also to steer the team to success with input to the finished product, and massive growth opportunity!
High Tech Genesis is looking to hire intermediate and/or senior Electronics Lab & Field Technicians
to work in our growing team. The successful candidate will be required to work with multiple teams including our Product, Operations, Customer Success, and Partnerships teams.
- Acquire and maintain expert knowledge of technology, products, and associated equipment
- Work side-by-side with the engineering team to test, refine and analyze electronic and mechanical component
- Assist Smart Home Installation Partners with home energy station installations and technical troubleshooting at various client and partner locations, as required
- Perform preventative maintenance or calibration of equipment or systems
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics units and electro-mechanical systems, applying knowledge of theory and components
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers or field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts
- Maintain system logs or manuals to document testing or operation of equipment
- Assemble, test, or maintain circuitry or and electro-mechanical systems, according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, or knowledge of electronics, using hand or power tools
- Procure parts and maintain inventory and related documentation
- Maintain working knowledge of state-of-the-art tools or software by reading or attending conferences, workshops, or other training
- Provide user applications or engineering support or recommendations for new or existing equipment regarding installation, upgrades, or enhancements
- Write reports or record data on testing techniques, laboratory equipment, or specifications to assist engineers
- Provide customer support and education, working with users to identify needs, determine sources of problems, or to provide information on product use
- Research equipment or component needs, sources, competitive prices, delivery times, or ongoing operational costs
- Specify, coordinate, or conduct quality control or quality assurance programs or procedures
- Troubleshoot microprocessors or electronic instruments, equipment, or systems, using electronic test equipment such as logic analyzers
- Set up and operate specialized or standard test equipment to diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies, or systems
- Produce electronics drawings or other graphics representing industrial control, instrumentation, sensors, or analog or digital telecommunications networks, using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Inspect newly installed equipment to adjust or correct operating problems
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field as a field or lab technician
- 4+ years of technician experience on electronic equipment; knowledge of circuit boards, processors, microprocessors, and wiring
- 3+ years of experience in a lab environment, setting up, testing, and recording test data
- 3+ years of hands-on skills with crimping, soldering and assembly of electronic devices
- 3+ years diagnostic and troubleshooting experience with electronic devices
- 3+ years of experience, servicing, troubleshooting, and repairing mechanical equipment.
- 2+ years experience with computer hardware and software, as well as a basic understanding of applications and programming
- College Diploma or higher in Electronics or related field
- Willing to Travel (30%) to the USA (especially California) and other parts of Canada
- Leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, interpret, and produce diagrams, blueprints, product documentation, and testing logs
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Begin your exciting career with us by applying athttps://jobs.hightechgenesis.com/o/electronics-engineering-technician
START DATE: 11/11/2022