EMPLOYER: GLOW College of Artistic Design
ROLE: Instructor, Personal Support Worker (PSW)
Our College is looking for 2 freelance Personal Support Worker (or Home Support Worker) instructors to support students in their healthcare career choice. This position is in person teaching for our Ottawa campus location.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with current registration and NO practice restrictions with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years current, relevant work experience in a Canadian clinical environment - preferably in a long-term care/community/chronic care setting.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to teach a combination of mornings, evenings and weekends. More information about schedule will be released in advance with enrollment.
- One (1) year adult teaching experience.
- Familiar with the NACC - PSW Curriculum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the active and ethical delivery of the curriculum to students.
- Participate in staff meetings when required.
- Modify curriculum expectations to meet the students needs.
- Monitor students progress.
- Mark assignments, presentations and tests.
- Our positions are available immediately for the right candidates. Please follow the application process on Indeed.
- School Classroom - Ottawa Campus
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vanier, ON K1L 6E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Holds a current Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) registration in Canada.
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Current, relevant work: 2 years (required)
EXPRESS INTEREST BY RESPONDING TO THIS JOB POSTING. ATTACH YOUR COVER LETTER & RESUME. ONLY CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE ABOVE LISTED CRITERIA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
START DATE: 02/16/2023