EMPLOYER: Main St. Community Services
Supportive Group Living Worker
Would you like to work with an enthusiastic and committed team and share new and creative ideas?
Main Street Community Services (MSCS) is a registered charity that valiantly attempts to address a critical need by developing and implementing comprehensive, research-based programs for individuals who are challenged by a disability or an exceptionality. MSCS proudly operates 11 residential homes in Ottawa West. Both full-time care and respite services are provided within these homes. MSCS also offers a Day Program, Summer Camp, a March Break Camp, and Youth Groups. The team at MSCS remains dedicated to broadening horizons, developing talents, promoting self-esteem and teaching essential life-preparation skills by extending a hand of hope to individuals and their families.
If so, please review the following job description that we are hiring for:
Support clients in a person centered environment while following the daily operations and tasks laid out by Team Leads, Home Supervisors and Program Directors.
- Assist individuals in every day personal needs such as toileting, bathing and grooming as well as attending to practical matters in relation to light housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Respect the individual’s confidentiality and privacy.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, safe and healthy environment for all staff and residents.
- Follow the established plan of care ensuring that on an ongoing basis the emotional, spiritual and physical comfort and safety of the clients are met to the best of your ability.
- Promote healthy living including physical and mental activity, healthy eating and client engagement.
- Providing a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which individuals can feel safe and secure.
- Establishing relationships with individuals and always offering them unconditional and positive regard.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and compliance with the organizational and legislated regulations to promote safety in the workplace.
- Ensuring all policies are followed and acted upon in the working space and also abiding by the Ontario Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Administer medications and ensure secure control and storage in accordance with medication policies as well as Ministry guidelines.
- Any other duties within the scope of the home.
- Take responsibility for the safeguarding of all individuals in care and follow the Duty to Report Policy
- Participate in staff meetings and training activities.
- Participate in all quality assurance systems.
- Ensuring personal development with ongoing training in the Supportive Worker field while caring for our individuals.
College Diploma in any of the following disciplines as well as equivalent work experience: Developmental Service Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW), Child and Youth Worker, Personal Support Worker (PSW), Community and Justice Services (CJS), Police Foundations
Valid G or G2 Drivers License and Driving Abstract
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: to be determined based on work experience and education - starting at $20/hr
Benefits: Dental Care, EAP, Extended Healthcare, Life Insurance, Vision Care, Wellness Program
Schedule/Shift Availability: Day/Evening/Overnight/Weekend
Experience: Minimum one year working experience in the field
START DATE: 12/12/2022