EMPLOYER: Main St. Community Services
Supportive Group Living House Supervisor Role
Would you like to work with an enthusiastic and committed team and share new and creative ideas?
Main Street Community Services (MSCS) is a registered charity that valiantly attempts to address a critical need by developing and implementing comprehensive, research-based programs for individuals who are challenged by a disability or an exceptionality. MSCS proudly operates 11 residential homes in Ottawa West. Both full-time care and respite services are provided within these homes. MSCS also offers a Day Program, Summer Camp, a March Break Camp, and Youth Groups. The team at MSCS remains dedicated to broadening horizons, developing talents, promoting self-esteem and teaching essential life-preparation skills by extending a hand of hope to individuals and their families. We are an organization that pledges to uphold a workplace culture of inclusion, diversity, compassion, and respect.
Please review the following job description that we are hiring for:
- Lead and coordinate the daily operation of the home, provide daily care and assist the individuals in our care by creating a therapeutic and social environment inside and outside of the home.
- Facilitate and participate in team planning, review and development in collaboration with Client Care Coordinator and other supportive group living staff.
- Provide leadership, support and supervision to staff as well undertaking household financial responsibilities to ensure compliance within spending guidelines.
- Contribute to best practice Occupational Health & Safety standards as well as working closely with each individual house health and safety representative.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement and support goal focused programming within the homes not limited to formal and informal opportunities, basic life skills, social skills and community reintegration and partnerships.
- Supervise the day to day functions of the home in respect to providing quality care to the individuals we support, household duties including: cleaning, laundry, shopping, meal preparation, property maintenance and schedules within the home that involve individual programming.
- Manage household budgeting that includes accurate record tracking and keeping of receipts ensuring confidentiality of the individuals we support.
- Assist Management in the ongoing development of procedures within the home ensuring you are aware of existing policies already in place by MSCS.
- Provide daily physical, emotional and spiritual care to the individuals we support taking note that the foundation of our approach lies in therapeutic care.
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of each individual and behavioral support plan. Provide guidance and leadership to your supportive living staff on how to implement the ISP and BSP.
- Support and encourage individuals in maintaining family contact, friendships, a sense of community and external connections in a manner that reflects professional and compassionate continuity of care.
- Model the medication management and administration, ensuring daily documentation is completed every shift.
- Report and record of critical incidents in accordance with the MCCSS legislation.
- Deliver and implement behavior management strategies, training and support in a non-intrusive, non-threatening, non-manipulative, supportive manner in the least restrictive environment as possible.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and compliance with the organizational and legislated regulations to promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Follow procedures regarding vehicle usage and maintenance.
- Any other duties within the scope of the home.
College Diploma in any of the following disciplines as well as equivalent work experience:
Developmental Service Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW), Child and Youth Worker, Personal Support Worker (PSW), Community and Justice Services (CJS), Police Foundations.
Job Requirements: Valid G or G2 Drivers License and Driving Abstract, minimum of 1 year working experience.
Job Type: Full-Time.
Salary: To be determined based on work experience and education - starting @ $23/hr
Benefits: Dental Care, EAP, Extended Healthcare, Life Insurance, Vision Care, Wellness Program, Group RRSP
Schedule/Shift Availability: Day/Evening/Overnight/Weekends - minimum of 40 hours per working week
START DATE: 12/12/2022