What you will do
Our clients put their trust in Motion to ensure that their mobility devices are safe and functioning correctly. Whether you are working at a client's home, in a local facility, or at our care centre, you are ready to take on the ownership of solving problems to make life accessible.
- Diagnose and repair. You will deliver, install and repair custom mobility equipment such as manual wheelchairs and rollators, power wheelchairs, and elevating equipment such as stairlifts, ceiling lifts and vertical platform lifts, across the Ottawa area. This may include but is not limited to:
- Creating the service order and quote in our NAV system.
- Assessing and troubleshooting issues clients may be having with their device.
- Repairing manual and power devices and equipment onsite and in-store
- Repairing electrical systems within the mobility device
- Program and set-up basic power and mobility equipment
- Install and repair elevating products and solutions
- Deliver a Motion customer experience. Our service technicians are the face of our company, delivering outstanding customer experiences every day. You will build trusting relationships with our clients. You will ensure that their needs are met and that we meet our objective to make life accessible.
- Be flexible and mobile. You will be travelling to clients homes and facilities.
What you bring
- Technical skills.
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Exposure to using diagnostic tools, electronic equipment and completing mechanical repairs
- An interest in or knowledge of mobility products is beneficial.
- An avid troubleshooter, you are innovative and efficient in your approach to solving problems.
- Empathy. To provide our clients with the best Motion customer experience, we need someone empathetic to our client's needs and circumstances. You can navigate any situation in a friendly, professional, and compassionate manner.
- Additional must-have requirements.
- You can lift up to fifty (50) pounds to move or repair equipment and devices.
- You have a valid driver's license and clean driving record; travel to client sites is occasionally required; however, you will be provided with a company vehicle for this. You have a clean criminal background check and are bondable.
- Willing to work flexible hours on occasion to accommodate clients needs
START DATE: 12/12/2022