EMPLOYER: dominKnow Learning Systems
Senior Developer position in Ottawa
dominKnow Learning Systems (www.dominknow.com) is a leader in the eLearning field, providing international clients with proven cloud software (SaaS), professional services and custom content development.
To support our rapidly expanding platform and customer base, dominKnow is seeking to bring on board talented people to join our team in our Kanata office. We need a wide variety of skills to fill our needs. You are a developer who combines technical knowledge and experience with a passion for development to deliver consistent, professional results. You will leverage your passion for development to deliver consistent easy to use products and solutions for our customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years software development experience
- Post-secondary education in computer science/programming or related discipline
- Passion for development and technology
- Experience in modern full-stack web development
- Cloud-based software development experience
- Demonstrated architecture and system design experience
- Experience with Agile development including using CI/CD
- Ability to self-manage project work and escalate as required
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to not only correct current issues, but to prevent future ones as well.
- Excellent team interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills, both oral and written, for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to self-improvement to build upon existing skills and acquire new ones
- Previous experience mentoring intermediate and/or junior developers
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Experience with a Java framework such as Spring Boot
- Experience with ColdFusion
- Deploying scalable applications to AWS
- Experience with a DVCS, especially using Git
- Big Data/Data Science experience, especially using Elasticsearch
- Linux, NGINX and related technologies
- Experience with the Jira/Bitbucket/Bamboo development stack
- E-learning industry and standards such as xAPI/TinCan and LRSs
Why join our team?
- With more than 25+ years in the business and our learner-centric approach to authoring award winning software for content development, every team member really does make a difference
- At dominKnow, our professional and technical standards are high, but we do it in a comfortable fun work environment with flexible hours, a casual dress-code where there is a great work-life balance
- Our employee social committee organizes fun events!
We thank all applicants for their interest in dominKnow Learning Systems; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
dominKnow is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Please note that dominKnow is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and has policies in place to accommodate candidates with disabilities during the selection process. Should you require accommodation or have a question regarding any of these policies, please contact us.
START DATE: 01/16/2023