EMPLOYER: Elysian Wellness Centre
***SIGNING CASH BONUS + EXTENDED HEALTH BENEFITS PROVIDED (Value of $12,000 per year)***
AWARDED OTTAWA'S BEST WELLNESS CLINIC 2020, 2021, and 2022 BY FACES MAGAZINE
AWARDED OTTAWA'S BEST SMALL BUSINESS 2021 BY FACES MAGAZINE
NOMINEE FOR TOP CHOICE AWARD - WELLNESS CLINIC 2021
CONSUMER CHOICE AWARD 2022- BUSINESS EXCELLENCE
MULTIPLE POSITIONS ARE OPEN FOR OUR WEST HUNT CLUB LOCATION AND OUR NEW LOCATION IN BELLS CORNER/KANATA!
We are a Nepean Wellness Clinic based in Ottawa, Ontario that takes pride in providing the highest quality therapy to our patients, while providing a positive work environment for our therapists. This position is for both our established West Hunt Club location, and our newly built location in Bells Corner. Our services include physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage therapy, dietitian, acupuncture, custom orthotics, yoga studio (new location only), IV therapy (new location only), cold plunge therapy (new location only), cold laser therapy, and custom bracing.
We are looking for a full-time Registered Massage Therapist to join our patient rehabilitation team and provide therapy and rehabilitations services to patients in our physical therapy clinic. The ideal candidate is a compassionate healer who is passionate about their patients and committed to helping them recover their independence and mobility. We’re looking for someone with experience working with a wide range of patient injuries and age groups, who is always ready to learn new techniques to further patient care.
The person hired for the RMT position would treat new and ongoing patients in our facility and engage as one of the therapists in multiple patient MVA treatment plans, as well as treating regular visits/patients. The right candidate is a patient, compassionate professional who encourages and inspires their patients to work toward greater independence and recovery, along with a punctual and effective therapist.
Must be able to work:
- Mondays - Fridays - Between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Optional or Extra Work Hours:
- Treat patients according to their injuries and/or ailments
- Perform initial assessments and chart according to the college's standards
- Develop Plan of Treatment for each patient based on initial and ongoing
- Evaluations including short and long term goals and collaboration of treatment with other therapists in the clinic
- Document patient progress according to charting procedures
- Evaluate mobility, strength, pain, and current level of patient function, while setting goals to improve in these areas that are scaled to patient abilities and realistically attainable
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and continue self-education
- Experience with a wide range of patient age groups and injuries.
- A strong sense of empathy, a compassionate outlook on massage therapy and the ability to motivate patients into pushing their limits in a responsible, safe way.
- Must be registered with College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- Must hold valid Liability Insurance
- Must reside in Ottawa, Ontario
Benefits of working at EWC:
- Benefits Available after 3 months on staff (Extended Health, Dental, Drugs, Life, Disability), fully covered by the clinic
- Great Split
- Established brand and presence
- Relaxed environment
- Flexible schedule
- All new equipment and any equipment you need is provided to you, including hydraulic tables
- Private Therapy Rooms
- FSCO Licensed for MVA patients and Direct Billing Available
- On-site washing and drying/steaming
- Juvonno Clinic Management Software, with digital charting, messaging, emailing, digital fax, and more
- Multiple Partnerships with sport facilities, doctors, OT companies, and personal injury law firms
- Administrators are available so no billing needed on your part just treat and keep track of your charts!
- Kitchen, a separate break room from the kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a utility/supply room, another utility closet. Coffee, utensils, and cups are all supplied!
- Tables, linens, massage gel, ceiling speakers (music), etc... all provided
We are a Nepean based multi-disciplinary clinic that provides a range of treatments. We provide our clients a one-on-one experience with our therapists in beautifully designed private treatment rooms to provide comfort to both the client and the therapist. We believe in our therapists taking their time with their clients, therefore we do not believe in taking in more than one client as once. This creates a positive, low-stress work environment for the therapist while providing true quality care for our clients. We work as a team to help the recovery process of our clients, whether it is a private client or a motor vehicle accident patient. We work hand-in-hand between our RMTs, Chiropractor, Physiotherapists, Acupuncturist, and Registered Dietitian to make sure that our clients recovery is maximized and they get the treatment they deserve. We also employ cutting edge equipment, from the such as Theraguns, to our cold laser treatment machine. Our clinic also boasts multiple partnership with personal injury firms, occupational therapy companies, sports teams, and believes in contributing to our community by sponsoring multiple youth sports teams.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60.00-$78.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Masks, sanitization, HEPA Ventilation.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- massage therapy: 1 year (preferred)
- Massage Therapist Certification (preferred)
START DATE: 12/22/2022