EMPLOYER: Parkinson Canada
Bilingual Events Coordinator
Full-time, 12 month Contract
Hybrid, Ottawa or Montreal
Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services.
A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada operates through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
As a Parkinson Canada Employee, we believe in being:
- Bold by embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
- Compassionate by striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
- Collaborative by working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
- Trustworthy by keeping our word and always doing what we promise.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this position the BilingualEvents Coordinator will report to the Events Manager. The Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating and delivering Parkinson Canada strategic fundraising events including primary responsibility for Parkinson SuperWalk and Pedaling for Parkinson, and supporting the delivery of other key strategic fundraising events and activities throughout Canada. Building strong relationships with donors, event participants, volunteers, sponsors, and colleagues will be critical to the success of the incumbent in this role.
What We Offer
We are an exciting, collaborative organization who celebrate diversity and inclusion and values work-life balance. We are mission driven, focused on making a difference in the lives of people living with Parkinson’s.
In addition to competitive salary and a hybrid work arrangement, we offer generous benefits including:
- Generous paid vacation time & float days
- Remote & In-person work opportunities
- Summer Hours: Half days every Friday between Canada Day and Labour Day
- Paid Holiday Closures
- Half days the Friday before a Stat holiday Monday
- Comprehensive medical, primary care, dental, vision and mental health benefits
- Group RRSP Benefits
You will also have access to:
- Financial and legal advisors
- Career councilors
- Mental health professionals and resources
Work with Events team to implement a strategic plan and execute a portfolio of SuperWalk and Pedaling for Parkinson’s experiences across Canada.
- Lead volunteers and committees as required.
- Manage local vendors and supporter relationships.
- Deliver volunteer training program and hold monthly conference calls with volunteer event coordinators.
- Ensure the management of bookings, insurance, permits as required for walks within portfolio.
- Ensure the preparation, development, ordering and distribution of all requisite promotional and logistical materials. Customize and orient these materials to different walks within portfolio.
- Identify key constituents requiring recognition i.e. walkers who raise $1000+ and maintain strong relationships with all participants.
- Respond to high-performing participant inquires related to online fundraising
Support deployment of Third Party Fundraising Strategy and Other key fundraising events as required
- Contribute to the events team in management and support of all event portfolios including Fundraising Your Way
- Work with the Events team to develop and implement campaign strategies for other event properties.
- Work with Events team to leverage the Convio Luminate and TeamRaiser platform for optimum fundraiser stewardship and implement fundraising best practices.
- Monitor fulfillment of staff stewardship, engagement, and budgetary completion for third party events within their districts and portfolios and proactively identify any concerns with Director, Events as required.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Bilingual (French/English) required
- Post-secondary degree in appropriate discipline.
- Minimum of 2 (two) years progressive fundraising experience, with a proven track record in event management.
- Experience in volunteer management is required.
- Familiarity with key event management concepts (maintenance of critical path, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of sponsorship.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, budgetary and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent research, analytical and written skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, Online Event Fundraising Software).
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible.
- Client service driven with a proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to travel within Canada
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your résumé and cover letter in confidence, along with salary expectations by 5:00pm, January 17, 2023.
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9
Please quote Reference #[BEC-0123]
Parkinson Canada has implemented a mandatory vaccination requirement for all its employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required prior to commencement of employment.
Parkinson Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please indicate accommodations as required if contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
START DATE: 01/31/2023