EMPLOYER: Nanometrics Inc.
Position Title: Test Technologist
Based in: Ottawa, ON
Reports to: Production Manager
Despite everything we know, the earth still has its mysteries. Beneath the surface, it is ever-changing and there is still much to understand. At Nanometrics, we develop industry leading instrumentation and services used to measure and record the very precise movements of the earth. Our innovative products and services are deployed in the most remote locations on the earth - from the bottom of the ocean to the peak of the Matterhorn - to study man-made and natural seismicity. As a member of the Nanometrics team, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with all areas of the business to expand the boundaries of seismic research and explore the unknown/discover the inner workings of our planet.
You have a keen eye for detail and enjoy seeing the finished product reach the highest quality standard. You excel working as part of a team and you communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. You easily adapt to new methods and procedures and enjoy working cross-functionally to achieve the best product outcomes.
We work in a high paced environment with an exciting variety of products to work with. We enjoy our positive and team oriented atmosphere and work that also requires a balance of independent tasks. We are proud to have great coworkers who are supportive and excited to contribute as a team to the overall production of our Seismic Monitoring Solutions.
- Operate various test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscopes, basic hand tools, basic torque tools, screw drivers ) to perform simple electrical and continuity testing of electronic components, parts and systems
- Set up and operate automatic testing equipment to locate circuit and wiring faults, shorts and component defects
- Compare test results to specifications and set parts or products aside for repair or replace components or parts as indicated by test equipment
- Inspect electronic components and assemblies to ensure correct component selection and placement, wiring and soldering quality, proper pin insertions, location and diameter of plated holes, breaks in circuitry and line spacing in printed circuit board and other specified requirements while products are being assembled or fabricated
- Check final assembly for finish, labeling and torquing of screws and connectors
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies and return faulty assemblies to production for repairs
What You Bring
- Post-secondary education in electronics and/or instrumentation or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of related experience in a similar role, new grads welcome
- Experience in a lean environment is considered an asset
- Able to understand BOMs, work order and test procedures
Why You’ll Love Us
- You will be joining an amazing team of energetic and dedicated professionals in a dynamic, collaborative and progressive atmosphere
- Competitive total compensation package including Benefits, RRSP, and Bonus opportunities
- The chance to make positive and impactful contributions in your work
- Nanometrics supports and encourages learning opportunities and provides access to LinkedIn Learning and several other Professional Development opportunities
Nanometrics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
START DATE: 15/02/2023