EMPLOYER: Canadian North
The Manager, Accounts Payable is responsible for management and leadership of the Accounts Payable team at Canadian North.This position is responsible for driving efficiency through continuous improvement initiatives, leading projects and promoting process automation. Leadership scope includes overseeing a team of 10+ direct and indirect employees that processes payments to suppliers accurately and in a timely fashion and investigate and resolve issues to facilitate payment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be able to perform, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Drive eﬃciency by leading continuous improvement initiatives, leading projects and promoting process automation;
- Ensure processes and controls are understood by all and that everyone is executing to them.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of all processes in the AP department (including training materials, audit documents, process documents and work instructions);
- Identify, investigate and resolve issues;
- Hire, train, and coach staﬀ, oversee their work, answer questions, ensure they understand their role and responsibilities as well as company policies;
- Ensure Accounts Payable transactions are completed in a timely fashion and in the most eﬃcient way while controls are met and minimizing errors;
- Ensure vendors and internal inquiries are handled in a timely fashion and that corrections are made as appropriate;
- Ensure completion of monthly account reconciliations;
- Manage corporate credit card program and recommend changes as required
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and timing filing of various sales tax returns
- Prepare analysis as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Post Secondary Education (3 years);
- Eight (8) years of previous experience;
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus on accounting, finance, business, or related field;
- Proven leadership and management experience;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Working experience with complex ERP systems and automated A/P processing;
- Experience with SAP Concur a definite asset;
- Excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and decision making skills;
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of business environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Adept at managing multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Bilingualism considered an asset;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Pass in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
START DATE: 02/01/2023