EMPLOYER: Homestead Land Holdings LTD
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team as a full-time Mobile Building Manager in our Ottawa region. This is not a live-in position.
Founded in Kingston in 1954, Homestead Land Holdings Limited has grown to become one of Canada’s largest and most respected owners of multi-residential apartment buildings. The founding principles of the company are still in place today, which are to provide residents with affordable, secure housing with a standard of care in which we would treat our own family members.
Our Mobile Building Manager are a great backing to our site staff team. Internally, this position is called "Regional Building Operations Support". These individuals expertly float amongst a regional portfolio in order to assist at buildings that need reinforcement due to staff vacations, sick days, etc. The Mobile Building Manager ensures a consistent level of customer service for our residents by seamlessly assuming roles in maintenance, administration and cleaning.
This role requires a flexible, multi-skilled individual that thrives in a team environment and has excellent customer service skills. Under the direction of the Assistant Vice-President of Operations, you will carry out all regular functions of a Building Manager (maintenance, cleaning etc), but with the added component of mobility across other Homestead properties. You will have a “home base”, however, you will have the ability to provide support throughout the region as needs arise for coverage and work over-flow in buildings that are in need of assistance. You will be responsible for basic administration functions as assigned from time to time. The schedule for this role is 8am-5pm with an on-call rotation, the off days are every other Saturday/Sunday and Thursday/Friday.
Role & Responsibilities (Overview):
- Ensure cleanliness of common areas & corridors
- Prepare apartments for new residents
- Facilitate work orders and perform minor maintenance in plumbing & electrical
- Other grounds maintenance
- Address tenant concerns effectively and promptly
- Maintain positive relations with tenants
- Show vacant apartments to prospective residents
- Collect and record incoming rents
- Serve legal documents as needed
- Rent upcoming suites and complete required documentation
- Ensure resident safety and security at all times
- Respond appropriately and professionally to emergencies
- Maintain fire safety logs and winter logs
- Follow an ‘on-call’ schedule (May include overnight shifts)
- Maintain accurate stock control records
- Other duties as assigned by Area/Property Manager
- Excellent mobility
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanical background
- Excellent cleaning skills
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Administratively organized
- Patience and diplomacy with occupants
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Reliable Vehicle
A satisfactory reference check, criminal records clearance, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 are required for the position, though the Company will provide any accommodation required by law.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package and opportunity for advancement. Homestead Land Holdings Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Please make needs known in advance. We appreciate all responses; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
START DATE: 01/18/2023