We want you to join our team today! Revera owns and operates retirement residences in the senior living sector. We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. We have permanent part-time and full-time positions available immediately and new hire incentives. Start your career with us by sending your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
-Free on-site parking
-Opportunities for career growth and personal development
-Reporting to Director of Health and Wellness (DHW), the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is responsible for providing planned, patient-oriented, goal-directed nursing care in accordance with the provincial standards of care.
- To complete and ensure resident's clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- To work closely with DHW to facilitate resident's move in, move out and transfers;
- To provide direct resident care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Care standards and policies and procedures;
- To process the orders and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements, scope of practice and Revera policies and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the resident's care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing & interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in resident's condition and or medical emergencies; provide emergency first aid;
- To teach, delegate to, and direct unregulated care providers;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to DOC/DHW/Executive Director and other departments;
- To follow and assist the DOC/DHW in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control , Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality/Safety Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in applicable Province/State;
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required;
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft office applications.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS)
-Covid-19 two-dose vaccination series approved by Health Canada.
START DATE: 02/06/2023