EMPLOYER: Payments Canada
Payments Canada allows employees to work in an environment that best promotes their health and productivity, while providing quality in-person events and office experience. We aim to hire locally within the greater Ottawa and Toronto regions.
| Get to Know Us
We are a unique organization at the center of the payments ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous.
In 2021, we cleared and settled more than 8 billion transactions, totaling $135 trillion, or $539 billion each business day.
Payments Canada employees are committed to making payments safer, more accessible and secure for all Canadians. This is where our country connects: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvxucqX6dY
We are a collaborative, diverse and passionate group of individuals. We support one another, make impactful contributions to the organization, and develop and nurture meaningful connections across our ecosystem!
Come and join us - Where payments meet purpose!
|About the role
Payments Canada has launched a multi-year, multi-phase business transformational program: Modernization. This initiative focuses on aligning the needs of member institutions, users (consumer and business), and regulators with changes to Payments Canada’s core payments infrastructure and rules/policies to further enable the payments ecosystem in meeting the broader needs of users. The program is designed to improve the overall client experience and enhance the broader public policy objectives for the payments system (i.e. safety, soundness, efficiency and user interests).
Payments Canada continues to advance our program to deliver faster payments capabilities in Canada. The Real-Time Rail (RTR) is a payments platform that includes the technical infrastructure and business/legal framework to enable the exchange, clearing and settlement of real-time account-to-account credit transfers and other core services. It will enable participants to make immediate and irrevocable account-to-account payments on a 24/7/365 basis. The RTR supports ISO 20022 messaging, allowing for rich remittance data to flow through with the payments. It is designed as an open platform to be leveraged for consumer, business and government payment services and other payment-related offerings, creating opportunities for innovation and competition in Canada.
Reporting to the Manager, RTR Operations,, the Senior Payments Platform Onboarding Specialist is responsible and accountable for working closely with the Operational Readiness and Change Management teams to support the development and documentation of detailed RTR financial institution and 3rd party platform onboarding, and operational business processes and procedures for internal and external stakeholders, including RTR participants, Bank of Canada, RTR service providers and Payments Canada.
The development of the deliverables will be based on sound and credible data gathered from collaborating with various sources including work streams within the Program, internal teams within Payments Canada including Payments Operations, Technology, Service Management, Security Operations, the RTR Industry migration team and other sources of information.
Please submit your application by February 14, 2023
|What you’ll do
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Assist with developing, documenting, implementing and operating the IT service operations for the RTR System;
- Assist with leading the rollout of IT service operations; ensuring that processes and procedures are established prior to deployment; act as RTR support lead during pre-deployment, deployment and transition to operations periods;
- Provide complete, accurate and timely project related information to the Manager, RTR Operations;
- Analyze the business needs of Payments Canada stakeholders using the detailed requirements and documenting processes and procedures;
- Investigate the implications of RTR to Payments Canada stakeholders;
- Participate in further developing the RTR operating model design using the detailed business processes and procedures to ensure that the capabilities to be delivered are clearly understood by the RTR Operational Readiness Team & Payments Canada Core Operations;
- Provide support and subject matter expertise to other divisions with respect to Operational Readiness;
- Support RTR testing activities by providing subject matter expertise and participating in the testing of Payments Canada specific processes;
- Review and provide feedback on operational deliverables (e.g. BCP/DR plan, service management plan, on-boarding/off-boarding processes, asset inventory) submitted by the RTR service providers; as well as coordinate review processes of vendor deliverables with different workstream leads.
- An MBA or related Master's Degree and technical experience in the financial industry OR five (5)+ years of experience working directly with payments systems;
- Must demonstrate experience in business analysis, requirements gathering and requirements documentation, process engineering, change management, end-to-end system and user acceptance testing, and enterprise implementation activities;
- Experience working with complex systems and processes;
- Strong organizational skills with a continuous improvement perspective;
- Experience in building strong effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Occasional travel will be required between Toronto and Ottawa;
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain.
- Experience working in financial industry including with payment processing systems is an asset.
Based on qualifications and experience: $91,801 and $114,751
| Payments Meets Purpose - What you can expect from us
- Flexible hybrid (remote/office) environment;
- Competitive compensation package, including annual variable bonus and defined contribution pension plan with employer matching percentage (if eligible);
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit coverage, including mental health coverage, life insurance and a health spending account for you and your dependents (if eligible);
- Paid time off: minimum four weeks paid vacation, sick and personal days, December Holiday Shutdown and Cultural Holiday Observance Days;
- Paid maternity and parental leave top-up;
- Rewards and recognition program.
|Our Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Commitment
At Payments Canada, we are committed to making everyone feel they can be themselves and thrive at work. We will continue to build on a foundation of respect and appreciation for diversity in all forms and collectively create an inclusive and equitable culture where our differences are valued.
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residences. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be conducted virtually or in person.
START DATE: 03/30/2023