EMPLOYER: Treasury Board Secretariat
Are you highly motivated and client-centered? Consider this opportunity to respond to inquiries and provide program information to a diverse clientele, the public, advocacy groups and agencies.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide customer service and consultation to clients
• collect and evaluate information to determine eligibility for ODSP Income and Employment Supports
• make adjustments to entitlements and resolve conflict situations
• explain legislation and ministry initiatives
• prepare a range of communication materials
• plan and deliver information sessions to clients and stakeholders, on community-based employment supports
How do I qualify?
For the bilingual position, you are proficient in English and have advanced level verbal and advanced minus written French language skills.
Customer Service and Communication Skills
• you can provide effective customer service to clients with disabilities
• you have the ability to liaise with community agencies, provide information to clients, and resolve conflict situations
• you have effective communication and consulting skills to write clear, concise reports and conduct information sessions
• you demonstrate sensitivity towards diversity/inclusion of applicants/clients and co-workers
• you have interviewing skills to conduct interviews with clients by phone or in person
• you have effective listening skills to determine client needs and make appropriate referrals
• you have knowledge of community services, resources, policies, programs and issues/barriers affecting clients with disabilities
• you have knowledge of labour market trends
• you are able to interpret and apply legislation in order to review/determine program eligibility and identify infractions
Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills
• you demonstrate planning and organizational skills to set priorities, work within time constraints and meet deadlines
• you have demonstrated analytical skills to collect, document and evaluate information
• you are able to work in a team environment
Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
Applicants are to apply directly online at https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Jobs.aspx [searching Job ID 194950], instructions on how to apply can be found in the attached job ad.
START DATE: 03/27/2023