EMPLOYER: Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Job Title: Program Support Worker - Adult Day Program
Status: On-call, casual relief
Hours: Ability to work flexible hours (including daytime, evenings and Saturdays)
Location: Kanata and Algonquin College locations
Application Deadline: March 5, 11:59 p.m.
Bringing care and community together since 1986. Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre connects children, youth, parents, adults and seniors with services and resources in Ottawa west. We are committed to supporting our diverse communities in far west Ottawa by providing and coordinating accessible health and social services. Our work is guided by our four core beliefs: empowerment, equity, partnership and innovation and demonstrated through our day-to-day interactions with clients, partners, volunteers, members and staff.
Working at WOCRC means working within our Guiding Beliefs and making a difference to our community. As our employees support the community, WOCRC supports and values its employees by offering a generous wellness package including vacation leave, personal leave, insurance and health coverage, HOOPP enrolment, and maternity leave top-up for full-time indeterminate employees.
WOCRC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. WOCRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Support and/or accommodation is available through all phases of our hiring process, please let us know how we can support you.
The Program Support Worker-Day Services, Community Support, is part of a multi-disciplinary team that addresses issues related to seniors and adults with physical disabilities. Working closely with the Program Coordinator, this position is responsible for working with team members to assist in the coordinating and implementing service delivery related to the Adult Day Program. This program provides supervised social activities in a group setting for clients experiencing Alzheimer’s disease and/or other related dementias.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with developing, coordinating and implementing all aspects of service delivery related to the Adult Day Program;
- Assist in the provision of activities, socialization, exercises, mental aerobics and meals for program participants;
- Provide support to clients in various program activities;
- Provide support for ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) such as toileting, eating, walking, dressing for outdoors.
Administrative and Evaluation:
- Prepare and maintain client and information files;
- Prepare and maintain all necessary documentation and statistics related to responsibilities and duties on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Participate and contribute to the Centre’s evaluation.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Personal Support Worker, Developmental Services Worker or Recreation/Leisure studies certification with a focus on Gerontology, Dementia Studies, or equivalent in education and training;
- Minimum two years of experience in social and health services with emphasis on working with cognitively impaired adults within an adult day program setting;
- Experience working with cognitively impaired, multicultural seniors in a congregate setting;
- Experience in supporting program development and delivery;
- Experience working with diverse communities and populations;
- Food Handling Certification required;
- Knowledge of local communities served;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the continuum of care services including community social and health services and long term care;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle required;
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
Please apply online via this career centre. The application deadline is March 5, 2023 at 11:59 p.m..
Submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that applications submitted via email will not be considered.
Address cover letters to:
People Services Manager
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court
Kanata, ON K2L 4H7
We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business and job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment based on individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, record of offences (in employment only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding), sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Ontario.
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of résumés received, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
START DATE: 02/16/2023