EMPLOYER: Sentient HR Services
Looking for a rewarding summer job where you can make a difference in the lives of young children? Join our team as an Early Childhood Assistant (ECA)!
We are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals who love working with children to join our team this summer.
- Competitive pay structure
- ** Monthly OC Transport Pass or gas card ** must work 10+ days, valid for the first three months of employment.
- Company reward and recognition program – see our video https://youtu.be/bXtwzQLNW8o
- Flexible work environment and schedule
- Numerous on-call job openings from which to choose
- 2022 Employer of Excellence Winner – see our video https://youtu.be/dQ1HR1ASAKY
This role requires six months of previous experience in a childcare environment. It is an ideal position if you are looking for a flexible, supportive environment where you can choose your own schedule.
As a member of our supply staff, you will have access to numerous shifts and the ability to determine your own schedule!
Our staff deliver the highest quality care through adherence to safety regulations, cultivating positive learning opportunities and offering a nurturing environment that guides the children with warmth, patience and understanding.
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
Childcare Centre Support
- Providing support to the childcare centre staff
- Monitoring and supervising children
- Adhering to policies, procedures and guidelines as mandated by the Ministry of Education
- Providing a caring and safe environment
- Providing fun, learning activities
- Coordinating meals/snacks/sleep schedules
- Meeting shift times and schedules
- Cultivating relationships with parents/teachers
- Ensuring professionalism and decorum as a representative of Sentient
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of six (6) months of experience in a childcare environment
- A minimum of two (2) doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccination
- Knowledge of child development at various ages
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to commute within the Ottawa region
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- First Aid and CPR-C
- Education: High School Diploma
Sentient is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
You can apply here: https://tinyurl.com/SummerJobwithSentientHR
START DATE: 05/29/2023