EMPLOYER: High Tech Genesis
We are looking for a Wireless Core Engineer responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining the Nokia CMU LTE core network.
You will set up the core network from scratch, integrate it with the Ericsson LTE RAN, and ensure seamless connectivity and optimized traffic routing.
You should have hands-on experience in network design, troubleshooting, and working with 5G and 4G LTE core components. Knowledge of container-based architecture, virtualized environments, and cloud platforms is beneficial.
- Entirely new core setup; installation, configuration, and staging
- Equipment: Nokia CMU LTE core
- Functionality: Setting up the Nokia CMU LTE core
- Configuration: The Nokia CMU LTE core will be installed once the system is up and running and IP access to the configuration interfaces have been established
Core OSS Integration:
- Equipment: Nokia CMU LTE core
- Functionality: The Nokia CMU LTE core acts as the centralized management and control hub for the LTE network, enabling seamless connectivity, security, and optimized traffic routing
- Deployment: Implementation of the Nokia CMU LTE Core provided by customer, including necessary hardware and software installations.
- Configuration: Configuring the Nokia CMU LTE Core to meet the specific requirements of LTE network
- Integration with RAN: Ensuring seamless integration between the Nokia CMU LTE Core and the Ericsson LTE RAN
- This engineer also will be responsible for ongoing maintenance of the Core network, with regular upgrades, provisioning for new nodes being added to the network. So, he/she will start the network from scratch and then maintain it too
- Perform all aspects of network engineering including network design, performance monitoring, integration, upgrade and troubleshooting of EPC(4G) & 5G SA cores
- Utilize various software tools to proactively identify, investigate, and resolve anomalies with various key performance indicators (KPIs), log messages, call flows, and raw packets
Required skills and experience:
- Hands on Lab Experience
- Network Design & Architecture
- Instantiation / Integration Experience
- Networking Experience & Troubleshooting
- Hands-on work on 5G Cloud Packet Core Experience (1-2 years) – AMF, SMF/UPF, NRF if possible
- Hands-on work on 4G / LTE ePC Core expertise MME(CMM/WMM) and Gateway (SAEGW/CMG)
- Experience with Container based Architecture and Kubernetes
- Thorough understanding of 5G and 4G LTE Call Flows
- LTE / 5G Network Performance Background
- AWS/Azure public cloud experience (installing servers to a cloud)
- Strong experience (with excellent debug skills) in virtualized environment with hands-on experience on Linux/KVM Hypervisors, Open Stack, Kubernetes, and/or Docker
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Knowledge & experience with VPN, IPsec, SCTP, TLS, IPv4, and IPv6, and Routing Protocols/technologies. Knowledge and experience in developing/deploying cloud native micro-services in Kubernetes is a plus.
- Knowledge & experience with platforms framework and Operating Systems: Linux/Unix, Windows, Cloud Native (cn), Kubernetes (K8s), Grafana, Kibana, Jaeger, Jenkins, Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentations skills.
- Ability to interpret and develop detailed network/system drawing and excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Knowledge & experience with Ansible Tower, Playbook, REST API knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge & experience with Selenium, HP Rack-mount server & Server Blade platform.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Advantage Certifications CKA/CKAD/CKS and/or Certifications of Cloud like AWS, GCP, Azure and/or Terraform Certified would be an added advantage
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Note 4: Please submit an MS Word version of your resume when applying for this position.
Note 5: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Begin your exciting career with us by applying on-line at: https://jobs.hightechgenesis.com/o/wireless-core-engineer-4g5g
START DATE: 06/15/2023