EMPLOYER: Precision Auto Works
Gloucester (Ottawa), Ontario
Full-Time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
With 20 years working experience in the automotive industry, Precision AutoWorks is a full Auto Mechanic, Electric and Detail Shop. We are equipped with all the most recent diagnostic machines and tools. We are looking to expand our team with either an experienced Automotive Service Technician or a 4th Year Apprentice Automotive Service Technician.
Automotive Technicians assist with repairs and maintenance of vehicles while also tending to the day-to-day upkeep of an auto repair shop. Responsibilities and duties may include electrical and mechanical diagnostics, replacement part vehicle repairs, and ordering of replacement part for various makes and models of cars and truck. Technicians are also tasked with maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform vehicle inspections, basic maintenance, minor repairs
- Test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Perform Oil Changes, Lubrication work and Tune ups
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment
- Communicate with Service Advisors when additional repairs are needed or when repairs cannot be completed in the accepted time frame.
- Work alongside certified trained technicians to perform quality vehicle service maintenance and repairs.
- Organize work by reviewing daily requirements; checking and gathering supplies.
- Complete vehicle service requirements by washing windows, lubricating, changing filters, tires, and belts, keeping coolant, window cleaner, and tire air up to level, etc.
- Keep vehicles presentable by washing and polishing exterior; vacuuming and polishing interior, removing waste.
- Store and retrieve vehicles by driving and parking vehicles.
- Secure vehicles by locking doors, windows, and trunks; observing and reporting suspicious persons and incidents.
- Maintain safe environment by watching out for pedestrian traffic; following standards and procedures; complying with traffic and driving regulations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading service publications.
- Accomplish maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Automotive Service Technician Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of high school, or training courses, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or a Fourth Year Automotive Service Technician Apprentice.
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Desire to achieve complete customer satisfaction
- Required to provide own tools (Precision AutoWorks will provide loaner tools during probationary period)
Wage: $27 - $36 per hour based on experience
Benefits: Wage increases in keeping with employer and company performance. Performance bonuses possible.
Language: English (basic spoken)
Please send resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call. Please send any questions by email to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
1401 Cyrville Road, Suite A
Gloucester, Ontario K1B 3L7
START DATE: 07/01/2023