EMPLOYER: Larga Baffin
Larga Baffin has an exciting opportunity to join our team as a: Full-Time Class F Driver!
Larga Baffin is classified as an Essential Service and is taking all mandatory and recommended preventive measures as per Public Health authorities to ensure the health and safety of all staff and residents.
A special thank you to all front-line workers for your commitment and dedication to serving those in need.
Larga Baffin strives to provide Nunavummiut with quality care during their medical appointments in Ottawa. We are dedicated to creating a safe and respectful environment with friendly and caring staff. We offer a nice warm bed, healthy meals, and local ground transportation to medical appointments. Our facility is strategically located in Ottawa so that our clients can access the hospitals and airports promptly.
Reporting to the Supervisor/Manager, Transportation Dept. the Driver is responsible for transporting our clients to and from all assigned destinations in a timely and efficient manner while ensuring the quality of care to our clients. Responsible for documenting all activities and maintaining constant communication while complying with all safety regulations. The Driver must combine strong organizational and prioritization skills with professional dedication and a team-oriented attitude.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection and complete required reports
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance at all times
- Clean and maintain all vehicles inside and out as needed
- Follow and understand proper safety procedures
- Child safety seat installation as per manufacture requirements to meet MTO regulations
- Transport clients to and from assigned destinations while ensuring safety
- Complete and submit daily paperwork requirements for a comprehensive database of patient and escort and MTO requirements
- Provide strong customer service
- Demonstrate professionalism, tact, and diplomacy when interacting with clients, dispatchers, and other staff
- Support and assist with additional tasks as and when needed or assigned by management both within and outside the department
- 3 to 5 years experience with Ontario's Class "F" or "B" license in good standing
- Letters of Commercial Insurance Experience – 3 years carrying passengers
- 6 years of personal vehicle insurance within the past ten years
- CVDR (Commercial Vehicle Drivers Record) abstract from MTO in good standing
- 2 to 3 years experience in customer service
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
Skills and Abilities
- Physical ability to lift, push, pull and move equipment and/or suitcases up to 75 lbs
- Ability to navigate with GPS for proper route planning
- Ability to install child safety seats
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills and an aptitude for problem-solving
- Demonstrates ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks throughout the day without supervision
- Strong knowledge of the roads and routes in the Ottawa/Gatineau area
- Exercise independent judgment and calmly act in a variety of situations
- Ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Inuktitut is a strong asset
- First Aid / CPR/ AED trained (or a willingness to learn)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training (or a desire to learn)
Closing date: July 7, 2023
Larga Baffin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful candidate must be able to obtain a recent police records check (for the vulnerable sector) with results acceptable to Larga Baffin is a mandatory condition of employment.
Priority will be given to qualified Nunavut Beneficiaries. Larga Baffin does not provide housing and is not responsible for relocation costs.
Larga Baffin requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 proof of vaccine is a mandatory condition of hire.
START DATE: 07/04/2023