EMPLOYER: Le Moulin de Provence Inc
PASTRY BAKER and PASTRY BAKER TRAINEE
Looking for motivated team players to join our staff of talented people!
Permanent full time and temporary part-time positions available.
Information About Who We Are
For over two decades, Le Moulin de Provence has provided freshly baked French pastries, artisan bread, coffee, and bistro fare to residents and visitors to the Nation capital of Canada in an open community atmosphere.
Why Join Us
- We provide a safe work environment and adhere to strict health protocols;
- We offer flexible hours over a 7-day work week; and
- We are committed to provide a stimulating and positive environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience as a pastry baker with academic training in a vocational school. Mass production of leavened dough, puff pastry, shortbread, cookies, petits fours, cakes, pâte à choux. Production of desserts, custards, bavaroise, mousse, and cream-based fillings. and/or
TRAINING No previous experience required but must be highly motivated to work, have fine motor skills, capacity to stand for extended periods or time, and capacity to lift 20kg bags
Production of traditional artisanal pastries, masses, pies, desserts, cookies, fillings and finishes;
- Icing and decoration of cakes and cookies based on in-house recipes or special orders from customers;
- Able to use machinery, proofer, rolling mill, floor oven; and bake products produced;
- Knowledge and strict application of health and security standards;
- Rigour in the production of goods of exceptional quality and standards.
Conditions of employment
- Knowledge of French and/or English language
- Authorized to work in Canada
Salary $16 to $18 an hour, 20 to 44 hours per week maximum over a 7-day work week, day, evening and night shifts. Work schedule to be determined.
START DATE: 07/11/2023