Securitas is a global knowledge leader in security. We offer a broad range of services of specialized guarding, technology solutions, consulting and investigations. Everywhere from small stores to airports, our more than 300,000 employees are making a difference.
Securitas Canada provides security services to the Government of Canada.
Located in East Ottawa, we are recruiting candidates that either have a Top Secret -SIA clearance or have the ability to obtain a Top Secret- SIA clearance.
Must also hold a valid Ontario Security Guard license or have the ability to obtain one.
It must be noted this process includes your ability to provide documentation of at least 10 years recent residency, employment, all travel, education and more.
· Must be a Canadian Citizen.
· 10 years (required minimum) of verifiable recent history within Canada.
· Personal Security interview by Government Security Officials.
- Please note that process will be very invasive and you will be asked to honestly disclose (securely) detailed personal information to Government Security Officials.
· Potential interviews of neighbors, colleagues and/or friends regarding your suitability for Top Secret clearance.
· Submitting to a Criminal Background check which includes fingerprints.
· Submitting to polygraph testing and psychological testing.
· A complete credit check with a detailed financial disclosure of assets and debts.
The candidate must be prepared to attend approximately 6 in-person half days at their cost over a period of 3-5 months with a final full day indoctrination/ one day info session at the end of the process.
Abilities & Skills:
· Successful candidates must be reliable and mature, willing to work either days AND/OR nights, depending on operational requirements at time of receiving clearance.
- Noting that ALL APPLICANTS will be required to work 12 hour night shifts upon commencing duties on site until operational requirements permit otherwise.
- Must be able to conduct both interior & exterior patrol duties during both day/ night.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Must be able to organize and prioritize to support an effective/efficient operation and accomplishment of stated goals.
· Must be able to take directives and work in a team environment.
· Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment and be able to deal with emergencies.
· Computer skills are needed. Must be able to use Excel, Word, Email, access control software etc.
· Previous service in the Canadian Forces, Police, Corrections or previous security experience is preferred, but not essential.
· Education in Law and Security/ Correctional worker, Security Management and/or University in a related field is preferred or a combination of experience and education.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience is a related field is preferred.
· French is an asset/ and while preferred, is not a requirement.
What we offer:
· A full benefits package for (after 3 months).
· A pension plan, paid sick days (after first 12 months) and free uniforms.
· Free pre-employment training to obtain Security License.
· Paid on the job training for successful candidates. You must also advise us if you have any current applications to municipal police agencies or government positions such as CBSA, CSC and RCMP etc.
Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
**As of November 1st, it is a client requirement for all contractors on site to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will need to be provided at the time of interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Retention bonus
- Are you a Canadian Citizen?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- recent Canadian Residency: 10 years (required)
- Security Guard: 1 year (preferred)
- French (preferred)
- Security Guard Licence (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person
START DATE: 07/25/2023