Who We Are
Recollective is the world’s leading online qualitative research platform. Over the past decade, we've worked with some of the largest and most ambitious organizations to help them engage with their target audiences to gain valuable and actionable insight.
With an award-winning suite of powerful research functionalities supported by highly skilled in-house research and service professionals, Recollective makes it easy for our customers to conduct their research online. Whether as a fully customizable DIY solution or implemented with the support of our growing network of global service partners, Recollective is in use at thousands of organizations around the world.
As a fast growing tech company located in Ottawa, Canada, we have very ambitious goals and we’re not slowing down. We like to dream big, get things done and have fun while doing it. Interested? Apply today!
Find out more about us and our story here!
Who You Are
We are looking for an innovative, driven, and persistent Business Development Director to join our Sales team at Recollective.
You are someone who is passionate about the following:
- Drive to succeed: You have a proven track record in new business development. You thrive on not only achieving your sales and growth targets, but exceeding them. You are relentless about delivering on your commitments and strive for high achievement. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes.
- Innovation: You are passionate about creating and driving new ways to reach and engage prospective customers. Your interest is staying up to date on the latest sales techniques, market trends and competitor strategies.
- Relationship-Builder: You understand how critical it is to establish and maintain high-level, executive relationships with new customers.
- Customer Centricity: You are driven by the desire to solve real problems for real people and being their advocate in the company.
As a Business Development Director, will be responsible for winning new business and revenue and working with our leadership team to contribute to the overall growth strategy of Recollective.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Deliver annual and monthly sales results that meet or exceed defined individual targets
- Fill a reliable sales pipeline and continuously generate new business leads
- Uncover and qualify opportunities that will accelerate and drive growth in our target markets
- Work well with decision makers to position the company for mutually beneficial long term strategic relationships
- Manage contract negotiations and close new business deals with new customers
- Work collaboratively with our team of Sales Development Representatives, Marketing and other Business Development Directors to plan new sales campaigns and improve overall team performance
- Qualify prospects and convert them into new customers by providing information, software demonstrations and industry knowledge
- Perform post-sales call activities to ensure client satisfaction and proper use of the company's products and services, with the aim of expanding use of Recollective software and services
- Document customer experiences and formal feedback to collaborate with and support Recollective's product, marketing and service teams
- Know the competitive landscape of the market - inside and out - and adapt to market changes
- Participate in internal product and program deployments
- Maintain and further enhance Recollective’s superior brand
- Foster and champion Recollective’s outstanding people culture
- No direct supervisory responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of recent and demonstrable experience in a business development role meeting and exceeding annual targets
- Ability to demonstrate effectiveness in prospecting and lead qualification
- You can demonstrate an understanding and application of modern sales techniques and have a track record of creating, negotiating and closing in a high volume, SaaS environment
- Ability to confidently and effectively meet and communicate with C-Level, VP and Director level contacts
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. English-language proficiency is essential
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have experience selling a recognized cloud-based software platform or have experience selling in the market research industry
- Preference given to candidates with a University degree
- Self-starter that is able to work independently and effectively and who is committed to continuous learning
This position is open to all applicants located in Canada, although preference will be given to those located in Ottawa and those willing to work within the Eastern Time Zone.
We offer supportive and flexible work arrangements to all our employees - a mix of in-office and virtual.
Take a 3D tour of our beautiful, new head office in downtown Ottawa (World Exchange Plaza).
What We Can Offer You!
When you join Recollective, you become part of a friendly, welcoming culture that we are particularly proud of. Choose to build your career with us at Recollective and here’s what you can expect…
- We communicate constantly, openly and honestly; our CEO hosts company-wide meetings twice per week and candidly shares important business updates
- We do what’s right for our customers and then some so they come back and bring friends
- We have fun doing serious work
- We seek new ways to grow the company and each other
- We embrace flexibility, fairness and equality
- We learn and get better from every experience
- Competitive compensation
- Superior health benefits (Health, dental, vision etc.)
- RRSP matching and much more
Recollective is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities and racialized people, people from gender and sexually diverse communities.
We want to be sure that everyone is able to participate fully and equally in our selection process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require any special accommodation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our company, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team.
START DATE: 09/01/2023