EMPLOYER: Anglican Diocese of Ottawa
About the job
Be a Change Maker: Join the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa! We are searching for a dedicated Senior Donor Development Officer to help fuel our mission of community transformation. This is an influential role, placing you at the heart of our fundraising strategy, allowing you to create powerful bonds with our community of key partners, donors, and volunteers.
Your drive will be the catalyst for the vital financial support that enables our parishes, community initiatives, and priority projects. As part of our team, you will uncover new prospects and opportunities, and champion a culture of generosity within our community.
Your Role: Building Bridges of Generosity
As our Senior Donor Development Officer, you will not just oversee an assortment of grant opportunities and applications, but also shape, guide, and bring to life diverse fundraising projects. This opportunity is perfect for showcasing your exceptional communication skills, commitment to a positive donor experience, and unwavering integrity in handling our CRM database.
We’re on the lookout for an astute, business-oriented professional with proficiency in Raiser's Edge and a razor-sharp eye for detail. If you excel in interpersonal communication and flourish in an environment where your work leaves a tangible impact, then we’re eager to meet you. Let's traverse this journey together, fostering an environment of shared generosity and helping our community.
Your Mission: Inspiring Philanthropy
- Cultivate a robust fundraising environment to meet or exceed our established goals, overseeing a diverse portfolio of major donors, volunteers, and community partners.
- Strategize and implement comprehensive donor cultivation and stewardship programs.
- Effectively utilize Raiser’s Edge CRM for managing donor data and streamlining charitable donations.
- Oversee online donations via platforms such as IATS and CanadaHelps, preparing reports for financial reconciliation.
- Engage in ongoing, meaningful communications with major donors to foster long-term loyalty.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align and execute cultivation events and communications initiatives.
- Contribute to shaping a donor-centric journey and enhancing donor relations management.
- Coordinate timely, accurate, and personalized donor recognition and appreciation.
- Design and conduct donor surveys for insightful feedback and analysis.
- Proactively engage in internal meetings and collaborate with community partners and volunteers.
- Prepare tax receipts, assist with financial reconciliations, and coordinate business development initiatives.
Your Skills & Qualifications: Your Unique Contribution
- A University degree in Business, Non-Profit Management or related field, or a blend of relevant experience and education.
- 3+ years of previous experience
- Superior administrative, planning, and reporting skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM software for fund development management.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and experience in handling administrative responsibilities.
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software and applications (e.g., Adobe Suite, Canva) is considered an asset.
- Experience in sales, advertising or marketing is a plus.
Perks & Benefits: We Value You
Beyond comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage, and a defined benefit pension plan with generous employer contribution, you'll be part of a collaborative work environment that celebrates diversity and innovation. We honour work-life balance with a generous compensation package that includes a 35-hour workweek and 3 weeks of vacation for rejuvenation.
Don't just apply for a job, apply for a cause!
Submit your application here: https://dioceseottawa.bamboohr.com/careers/71?source=aWQ9MzY%3D.
We'll be reviewing applications as they come in, so don't delay!
While all applications will be gratefully received, only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Anglican Diocese of Ottawa reserves the right to contact individuals and to arrange for interviews at any time.
Our organization is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, or disability. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise during the search process if you require accommodation by contacting us at email@example.com
START DATE: 09/01/2023