EMPLOYER: Senstar Corporation
We have an immediate need for a Temporary Accounts Payable Specialist at our Carp, Ontario location. The position will allow a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual to be involved in a variety of systems and processes involving the full accounting cycle. This role reports into our Financial Controller in a hybrid work environment. This is a temporary position for a period of 6 months.
- Daily processing of accounts payable invoices, expenses and account reconciliations.
- Performing bi-weekly cheque runs.
- Processing of monthly credit cards expenses.
- Communicating and responding to vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Posting of cash receipts to ERP system, collecting overdue accounts receivable accounts, responding to customer inquiries (acting as backup for Accounts Receivable Specialist).
- Maintaining fixed assets.
- Ensuring compliance of company requirements and policies.
- Account reconciliation ie. pre-paid accounts, fixed assets, accrued liabilities.
- Assisting with year-end, quarter-end and month-end tasks.
- Assisting with the preparation of the documents for year-end and SOX audits.
- Ad hoc reports as requested by management.
- Mail distribution and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Accounts Payable or similar role.
- Previous ERP experience considered an asset.
- Formal accounting education preferred ie. Certificate, Diploma and/or Degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Organized and very detailed oriented.
- Solid knowledge of the accounting cycle.
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Strong working knowledge of MS-Office package and general computer software.
At Senstar, we are committed to building an inclusive and accessible environment that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We firmly believe, an accessible and inclusive workplace makes us stronger, more competitive, and innovative. Should you require an accommodation through any stage of the recruiting or hiring process please let us know.
START DATE: 09/01/2023