EMPLOYER: Queensway Carleton Emergency Associates
Medical Billing Clerk & Office Administration - Part-Time
Queensway Carleton Emergency Associates
- Office Administration -Medical
- Similar experience
- Microsoft Office
- Administrative experience
- Communication skills
- Accuro Billing Software
This is a highly independent position requiring a high degree of confidentiality and accuracy. This individual will work together with part-time Billing Clerk(s) is responsible for all aspects of the billing process for a group of Emergency Physicians. The key role of this position is preparation, completeness, and accuracy of the daily shadow billings. In addition, the billing clerk is responsible for assisting with other administrative duties including file maintenance and preparation of monthly information and data for the physician group.
- Collection and data entry of billings for all patients visits related to the emergency physician group.
- Complete shadow billings per OHIP requirements using Accuro Medical billing program.
- Complete daily and monthly reconciliations to ensure all visits have been billed.
- Assist with billing for any uninsured patient visits.
- Review, monitor and reconcile any rejected OHIP billings. Contact OHIP regarding any billing issues.
- Maintains up to date process and procedure guidelines for the position.
- Maintain office space, equipment, and supplies.
- Prepare monthly reports and data for physicians.
- Provide training to any new office staff.
- Prepare documents & records for any new physicians for group billing and solo billing as related to the emergency department.
- Contributes to continuous quality improvement measures by evaluating on-going work processes to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Functions and reports in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, and Queensway Carleton Emergency Associates & Queensway Carleton Hospital policies and procedures and participates in training as necessary.
- Adapts to changing deadlines and tasks and works as part of team to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS
- Post-secondary diploma in a business-related field such as Accounting, Finance or Office Administration or similar experience
- Minimum 2+ years’ office and administration experience; preference will be given to individuals that have experience with electronic billing, financial reconciliations and office administration.
- Knowledge of accounting and billing policies and practices
- Strong ability and experience with computer systems, including Microsoft Office suite, Accuro
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Flexibility in accepting a variety of assignments and ability to learn and prioritize.
- Advanced communication and telephone skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently.
What we offer you:
- Annualized Paid Vacation
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
We will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to Human Rights exemption.
Salary: $23 - $25 per hour
- 7.5 hour - 22.5 hours/week ** hours to depend on availability and to be discussed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- office and administration: 2 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid in Ottawa, ON
Please apply via email with your resume and 2 references
START DATE: 10/15/2023