EMPLOYER: Canadian North
To perform customer service in relation to Cargo operations. Assist customers with processing and picking up cargo packages.
Level: As per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
Skills and Qualifications
Include, but not limited to, the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Must possess a High school diploma or equivalent related work experience i.e. warehouse, forklifts, customer service industry, etc;
- Must have 1 year of related experience;
- Previous accounting experience considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience, preferably in cargo/ramp operations, considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Canadian North’s Cargo computer program;
- Knowledge of Canadian North Cargo and Ramp procedures manual;
- Operational knowledge of company aircraft handling;
- Must be familiar with handling of dangerous goods and be able to obtain and retain a dangerous goods acceptance level certificate;
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, & interpersonal skills;
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in high pressure, high volume environment;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Ability to communicate in Inuktut a definite asset;
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Identity Card in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program regulated by Transport Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
Interested candidates should be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with Company and MOT Standards and Regulations;
- Assist with claims for damaged or missing goods;
- Maintain records as required;
- Record flight arrival and departing times;
- Conduct radio communications with the aircraft;
- Process load control data;
- Issue Airway Bills and process sales reports for deposit;
- Disseminate information;
- Process shipment and reception of all cargo;
- Initiate claims resulting from missing and damaged cargo;
- Perform other duties and functions related to the foregoing;
- Assist Cargo/Ramp Attendant Agent if so required;
- Cargo reservations create reservations and compute fares for customers;
- Other duties as assigned.
This position closes on September 21, 2023.
Please apply by following this link: https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/BRA50007F/JobBoard/2ea5e84a-bfc4-4167-88ba-20d03547d410/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=cf196236-3226-43df-90c7-ce903cfe2c12
START DATE: 09/15/2023