EMPLOYER: Seymour Pacific Developments
Do you have a passion for safety, and thrive on continual improvement? Do you enjoy facing new exciting challenges each day? Are you a natural problem solver and enjoy investigating root safety concerns and incidents?
Seymour Pacific Developments Ltd. Ontario is a national leader in land development and residential construction, and we are seeking a Site Safety Officer at our multifamily site. If you have experience as a residential construction safety officer, or you've always wanted to get into safety, this is the opportunity you've been looking for. We would love to hear from you.
Your contributions to the team:
- Provide safe working conditions for all workers, sub-trades and visitors on/around the site
- Provide instructions to workers in safe work procedures. How to use personal protective equipment
- Undertake the investigation of accidents, incidents or near misses to determine the underlying causes. Complete the necessary forms to document these incidents immediately
- Report any anticipated loss of work time to the Safety Manager as soon as possible after an injury has occurred
- Conduct regular on-site hazard assessments. Identify hazards and unsafe work practices and provide recommendations on how to eliminate these issues
- Work in cooperation with other project supervisory personnel to determine procedures for dealing with safety violations. Also work to further develop safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for the daily administration of the Safety Program
- Conduct in-house safety training
What you need to be successful:
- Experience on a residential construction site
- Computer skills with experience using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize work
- Experience conducting investigations and safety audit
- Valid First Aid
- Construction Safety Officer Certificate (CSO), and/or NCSO
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website at www.seymourpacific.ca and go to our careers page!
START DATE: 10/10/2023