EMPLOYER: Tremblay Renovation Inc. Kitchen & Bath Centre
Tremblay Kitchen and Bath Centre is now hiring.
5300 Canotek Road unit 4
Send résumé to email@example.com
Ottawa’s leading kitchen & bathroom design and renovation company has a unique opportunity for a self motivated, experienced individual to assume responsibilities for its Warehousing and Delivery Operations. The Warehousing & Delivery Operations position reports directly to the Showroom Manager and is responsible for the efficient receiving, storage and delivery of customers fixtures, cabinets and materials for renovation projects. Specific responsibilities of the Warehousing & Delivery Operations position include the following:
Warehousing: Ensure that products are received in good order; are inspected and accounted for and are stored in an orderly and safe manner prior to delivery to the customer or the job site. Specific warehousing responsibilities include the following:
● Product Receiving: Check all products received for damages and/or deficiencies and note any damages and/or deficiencies on receiving slips and shipping orders. To the extent possible, ensure shippers are advised of problems before they leave and secure their signatures for damaged and deficient shipments;
● Product Accounting: Check products received against the packing slip that accompanies the shipment and the Company purchase order issued for those products. Deficiencies, shortages or any differences between product received and the product ordered must be noted and reported immediately. Any corrective action required must be initiated on a priority basis;
● Product Storage: Ensure products are stored in an orderly manner and protected from possible damage or loss. Products should be grouped (Staged) by job and clearly marked as to the job name and/or number. Maintain the warehouse in a clean, safe and organized manner;
Logistics: Coordinate the timely and efficient delivery of fixtures, cabinets and materials to the company’s renovation projects and / or retail customers who have paid for delivery. Specific activities include:
● Product Deliveries: Ensure fixtures, cabinets and materials are delivered to job sites and/or to retail customers in a timely and safe manner. Where products are delivered to a renovation job site, ensure they are stored in a safe secure location and that our installers are aware that the product has been delivered in a complete and undamaged condition.
● Local Pick-ups: Pick up products and/or materials from local suppliers according to Company Purchase Orders and/or instructions / specifications noted in the customers’ contracts. Inspect products for correct specifications, quantities, damage, model numbers, finishes etc to verify we are picking up what was ordered for the specific projects and / or customers. Deliver these products to either the Warehouse or Job Sites.
● Retail Deliveries: Advise customers when orders are complete and ready for pick-up and/or delivery. Ensure that products are transferred to the customer in a safe and orderly manner and that the customers sign for the receipt of their product in a complete and undamaged condition. Ensure payment is/has been received at time of delivery.
Other Responsibilities: Other responsibilities of the Warehousing and Delivery Operations position include:
Provide assistance to the General Manager in the coordination of the Company’s renovation projects and promote good customer relations. Specific activities in this regard include:
● Participating in weekly production meetings to stay current on the nature and status of upcoming jobs and their place in the overall production schedule;
● Relay information and other details about renovation projects as required to the trades on site and report progress and/or problems and irregularities on projects back to the Project Manager;
● Verify and ensure that customer’s homes are being protected and properly cared for during the course of the renovation project;
● Receive customer payments and return these payments to the office for deposit;
● Provide service call support during warranty period for our renovations and product installations. Activities related to service calls include:
● Maintain the call-back list of customers that require service calls. The call-back list includes details of the warranty problem(s) and any corrective action that needs to be taken;
● Perform call back repairs where you have sufficient skills and experience to effect the repair to the standards of Tremblay Renovation Inc. and to the customer’s satisfaction;
● Communicate with manufacturing representatives, distributors, technical support etc to identify solutions to customer’s product related problems, order replacement parts, and/or schedule service visits from manufacturer’s representatives.
● Cube Van: Protect, operate and maintain the Company’s cube van in accordance with the Company’s policies for the care and operation of motor vehicles including secure overnight parking, proper maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle, proper and safe operation of the vehicle on public highways and adherence to the rules of the road.
● Showroom Set-up and Maintenance: Assist in the set-up of showroom displays including assembly and set-up of new products for display and perform general maintenance duties in the showroom and common areas as required.
● Equipment and/or Product Inventories: Maintain inventory lists of Tremblay Renovation’s tools & equipment, shop supplies and products and keep logs of any equipment borrowed by or used by sub contractors on Company projects. Repair or arrange for the repair of broken equipment.
Candidate Credentials: The chosen candidate for this important position will have the following credentials:
● Self starting / self motivating – does not wait to be told what needs to be done but rather sees what needs to be done and plans their day accordingly;
● Organized and plans ahead to make their day efficient and effective;
● A current drivers license with a clean driving record and experience in driving delivery vehicles in urban settings;
● Eager and with a willingness to take on new challenges and learn new things;
● A Team Player with strong interpersonal and customer management skills;
The right candidate must also demonstrate their capability to perform the following
● Ability to manage the movement of heavy product / material in a warehouse environment as well as loading and unloading trucks;
Experience in residential renovations is an asset, but not essential.
Job Type: Part-Time Tuesday to Thursday 7:30am to 4:00pm
● Driving: 5 years (Required)
● Secondary School (Preferred)
● Ottawa, ON (Required)
START DATE: 11/06/2023