EMPLOYER: Private Residence
Personal Care Worker/Housekeeper
The self-employed person will provide personal care and general housekeeping for an 84-year-old veteran and his wife who are both in fair health. The person will reside in a suite in their home.
- Provide personal care with bathing.
- Prepare meals for clients and self.
- Do general housekeeping as directed by the clients.
- Drive clients to appointments and shopping.
- Spacious three room furnished suite with 3-piece bath.
- Kitchenet with fridge, sink, microwave, and small appliances
- Large screen TV with Bell Satellite and Netflix service
- Person to provide their own internet and phone services.
- No pets or overnight guests permitted.
- Off-street parking for car.
- Meals provided.
- A registered PSW, RNA, RN, or similar qualifications.
- Be bondable, including a police check for insurance purposes.
- Hold a valid Ontario driver’s license with Clean Driver Abstract.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccinations.
- Current First Aid/CPR training.
- Preferably having a Vulnerable Sector Background Check.
- Recent TB Test.
- Experienced cook.
- English speaking; non-smoker.
- Cheerful, outgoing person who enjoys helping others.
Compensation and Benefits
- Payment commensurate with qualifications and experience, at least $3000/month.
- Two weeks of vacation as agreed with clients.
- One day a week off as agreed with clients.
- Sign a contract for services.
START DATE: 12/15/2023