EMPLOYER: Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Kanata, ON, CA
Requisition ID: 1174
Driving an agency vehicle, the Driver is responsible for providing door-to-door and individualized service to meet clients’ needs. They are responsible for driving clients to and from appointments (medical, personal, events, etc.) in a safe manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive agency vehicle to transport clients as directed by their immediate contact at the Centre;
- Contact clients prior to pick up to confirm transportation time;
- Ensure that clients are safely in their seats with seat belts buckled;
- Escort (arm for support, no lifting or transfers) door-to-door clients to appointments;
- Undertake inspection of the vehicle and report deficiencies to immediate contact (when required, take vehicle for maintenance);
- Fill gas tank and check oil as required;
- Maintain mileage log;
- Keep vehicle clean.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Valid “G” drivers’ license;
- Clean Ministry of Transportation driver record (driver’s abstract required);
- Valid personal automobile insurance for $2 million liability (NOTE: valid personal insurance is an essential requirement; applicants without insurance will not be accepted);
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, and exhibit flexibility;
- Reliable and able to deal with city traffic in a relaxed but efficient manner;
- Physically capable of assisting clients (into and out of vehicles, carrying groceries, folding and lifting assistive devices, etc.).
- Starting Salary is $33,367 per annum (6 month contract with possibility of extension)
- 35 hours per week.
Please apply online via our career center. This position is open until filled.
Submit any questions to email@example.com. Note that applications submitted via email will not be considered.
Address cover letters to:
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
2 MacNeil Court
Kanata, ON K2L 4H7
We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business and job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in Ontario.
WOCRC has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. Please note however that, due to the volume of résumés received, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
START DATE: 11/17/2023