EMPLOYER: Community Information Centre of Ottawa
Make lives better by connecting the community to the resources they need. Every day.
The Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CICO) is a non-profit, bilingual organization that helps to connect people through multilingual mediated access to community, social, health and government services in their community, including:
- Information & Referral Services (211 and 211Ontario.ca);
- Service & Resource Publications;
- Data Leasing;
- Email Broadcast;
- Community Information Bulletin;
- Back-up Information and Referral Provision;
- Service Record Translation;
- Service Record Management; and
- Provision of Community Needs Data.
The Community Information Centre of Ottawa is committed to the following values and expects all team members to demonstrate these values in their day to day activities:
We are compassionate, empathetic, respectful and try to be helpful at all times. We also guard personal information with great care.
Reporting to the Service Manager and under the leadership and guidance of the Information and Referral Team Leader, the Information and Referral Specialist (IRS) is responsible for call handling and providing information and referral services, in English and French. They are also responsible for accurate call recording, data entry, outreach and other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Responds to inquirers (phone, e-mail, fax, live chat, textnet and walk-in);
- Ensures that inquirers are answered politely, accurately and appropriately in the language of their choice;
- Verify voicemails and emails at regular intervals and delivering messages to the appropriate party in a timely fashion;
- Collects Quality Assurance surveys and other seasonal surveys as required;
- Informs the data team on any changes to programs and services which is identified while conducting inquiry services;
- Updates information for various seasonal lists produced by the CICO;
- Supports key organizational projects and objectives such as technology improvement, French language services or emergency management developments;
- Assists in special initiatives related to service delivery as required;
- Opening and closing of the office; and,
- General administrative duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience:
- University degree or equivalent experience of education and community sector experience;
- Knowledge of call centre operations;
- Knowledge of data entry;
- Knowledge of computer systems;
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and human services system; and
- Willingness to complete the AIRS certification when eligible.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and,
- Fluency in English and French.
- Honest and trustworthy;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Demonstrates sound work ethics;
- Willingness to work flexible hours; and,
- Communicates well with staff.
The Information and Referral Specialist will be located in a busy, open area office. They will be faced with frequent interruptions and must meet with others on a regular basis.
The Information and Referral Specialist will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment, telephones and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The IRS will also have to some lifting of promotional materials and collaterals from time to time as well as transporting materials to presentation venues.
The Information and Referral Specialist must spend long hours in concentration answering calls in support of the 211 service which will range from simple requests to crisis calls.
The volume and type of calls received by the 211 service may cause high levels of stress, especially during times of increased community need (e.g. winter holidays, influenza pandemic). The Information and Referral Specialist must also meet deadlines associated with their position and serve as a resource for other team members.
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.57 /hour
- English (Required)
- French (Required)
START DATE: 02/11/2020