EMPLOYER: CBI Home Health
CBI Home Health is looking for compassionate, reliable, flexible PSW to join our growing team!
As a Personal Support Worker within our CBI Home Health Services team, you will be providing direct care to our clients. In this position, you will assist clients with personal care, lifts and transfers, toileting, bathing, and feeding. You will also provide light housekeeping support, prepare meals, accompany clients to appointments, and be a companion.
CBI HOME HEALTH OFFERS:
Higher Starting Compensation with proof of PSW Experience (Hours)
- Paid KM
- Benefit package (Health & Dental)
- Paid Orientation & Buddy Shifts
- Paid Training and Development Opportunities
- Paid Bus Pass (must be enrolled in benefit program)
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Assist clients with the personal care tasks of daily living including; skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, lifts and transfers, basic wound care
- Assist with ambulating, mobilization, and positioning of client
- Perform other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Practice universal precautions and adhere to WHMIS protocols.
- Recognize and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency
- Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the client's condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
- Current First Aid / CPR level “C” Certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months
- Evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months
- Availability to work days, evenings and a minimum of every second weekend
ABOUT CBI HEALTH GROUP:
For over 40 years, CBI has been working every day to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians.
As Canada’s largest provider of community healthcare services, CBI is made up of over 12,000 personal caregivers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, behavioural therapists, administrators, and professionals.
CBI is set apart by the unique ability to work as an integrated network to foster ongoing learning, enhance best practices, improve access to care for all Canadians and achieve the best outcomes possible for our clients. With a talented, interdisciplinary team of caregivers and professionals, CBI provides the right services, in the right place, at the right time.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your resume with the subject “Personal Support Worker - Ottawa”
START DATE: 05/11/2020