EMPLOYER: Access Healthcare Services Inc.
Reports to: Manager of Clinical Practice
A graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker training program, Developmental Support Worker training program or equivalent credentials (i.e. nursing students or successful completion of the PSW bridging program) or previous working experience. Homemarkers are at times responsible for direct client care; complying with AHCSI policies and procedures and provincial regulatory acts.
- Perform basic household tasks including but not limited to completing laundry, linen changes, and light housekeeping duties such as sweeping, vacuuming and mopping
- Assist with meal preparation according to the clients person preferences while keeping in mind nutrition requirements and portion control
- Provide assistance with general personal care and grooming as required
- Run errands as requested by client (ie. grocery store, post office, bank, dry cleaners)
- Attend appointments with clients if required and approved by office
- Attend and assist with recreational activities
- Assist clients with ambulating as required
- Remind client to take medication, at no time are you able to administer medication
- Report any changes in health condition, or safety risks to immediate supervisor
- Document as per AHCSI policies
- Provide respite or care giver relief
- A graduate of a recognized Personal Support Worker training program, Developmental Support Worker training program or equivalent credentials or. (i.e. nursing students or successful completion of the PSW bridging program/Home Support Certification). Graduate of training program in Community College or proven history of on the job training in long term health care or community setting
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to demonstrate adequate literacy and familiar with proper documentation skills
- Excellent ability to communicate
- Provide a clear criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screening
- Meet physical and health requirements ie. able to lift up to 50lbs, negative TB testing
- Bilingualism is considered a great asset
START DATE: 12/02/2019
Faites-nous savoir si ce poste vous intéresse. Remplissez ce court formulaire et nous vous contacterons rapidement.