EMPLOYER: John Howard Society of Ottawa - Red Maple
TEAM LEAD - Red Maple Supportive Residence (RMSR)
***Successful Candidates will be scheduled to work 12-hour shift rotation ***
Position Title: Team Lead
Location(s): Ottawa, ON
Program: Red Maple Supportive Residence (RMSR)
Reports to: Residential Coordinator
Job Term: Full-Time (Permanent)
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $44,068 - $50,289 (Annually) + Benefits
Language: English Essential; Bilingual preferred (English/French)
Closing Date: Friday January 24th, 2019 at 16:00.
The John Howard Society of Ottawa is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is seeking that diversity in applicants for this position.
About the John Howard Society:
The John Howard Society of Ottawa (JHS) is committed to providing services that prevent crime, reduce poverty, foster inclusion, and build self-sufficiency. Our diverse client group includes youth and adults of all genders, from a wide cross-section of social, ethnic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds representative of our broader community.
About the environment:
We are looking for a strong leader for our (JHSO) Justice Transition Home (JTH), a hybrid group-home-apartment program with the capacity to support clients exiting the provincial correctional system in Ontario who have a developmental disability & mental illness (dual diagnosis) and/or challenging behaviour that requires specialized supports to meet their prescribed requirements. As this program is a transitional housing model, a major focus of the program will be to transition individuals to suitable permanent housing in Ottawa or the community of their choice throughout the province of Ontario. The residents of the JTH have complex needs and are high risk; they may present with behaviours that challenge or create crisis situations. As a result, the working environment can be stressful and there is a risk of resident�s physically acting out.
About the role:
Under the supervision of the Residential Coordinator, the Team lead is accountable for their shift and will perform various tasks related to the indirect supervision of the direct service team. Team Leads share on-call responsibilities and may fill in for the Residential Coordinator on a temporary basis if needed.
- Takes responsibility for guiding direct service staff (Complex Care Workers) in their work and monitoring the workload of each team member.
- Encourage and uphold a strong team approach and proper execution of duties in a shift.
- Assigns tasks and ensuring required documents/reports are maintained through the process. Team Leads provide support and training as required and act as the first point of contact for team members when they have questions or concerns.
- Actively problem solve on the fly, prioritize tasks and promote positive team morale.
- Lead Shift changes; providing shift overview/brief, assign tasks and work items for the shift
- Train new staff on the established policies, procedures and protocols so that they can effectively complete their responsibilities.
- Complete reporting requirements
- Share On-Call Responsibilities and fill in for management if needed.
- Provide personal support and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs/IADLs) that are appropriate to the needs of the individual(s) served.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a consistent manner that supports the implementation and maintenance of a resident�s Individual Support Plan (ISP) and the Individual�s Behavioural Support Plan (BSP).
- Liaise with families and supports to plan for visits and/or time away.
- As a graduate of a Social Services program (degree), Developmental Service Worker Diploma, Criminology OR Equivalent Experience, you are looking for a leadership role, in the developmental sector.
- You thrive on moving a group of individuals into a well working team.
- Come with an ability to cope with challenging situations and clients where there the potential for confrontation, aggression and/or exposure to violence. This includes a requirement to be physically able to participate in restraints as required.
- Have a Vulnerable Sector Check, and Current First Aid/CPR/AED � Level A or C.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Physical Intervention Skills & Restraint Training (CPI, UMAB, Safe Management, QBS)
- Experience working with clients with development disabilities, mental health and/or behavioural challenges and complex needs
- Previous Supervisory / Leadership Experience
We offer our employees the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others and our community in a manner that exceeds expectations.
John Howard Society is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here is a sample of the many benefits John Howard Society of Ottawa employees enjoy:
Four weeks� vacation � Comprehensive Benefits including Health, Dental and Vision � Life Insurance � Company Pension Plan � Group RRSP � Employee and Family Assistance � Free on-site parking � Employee appreciation
Faites-nous savoir si ce poste vous intéresse. Remplissez ce court formulaire et nous vous contacterons rapidement.